Monday, July 20, 2009

Oh my haul....


Look what I bought over the weekend. I keep it in my secret drawer that is not so secret anymore! I was thinking that it might help my sweet tooth. I had to get some of every kind. I could not find any cinnamon. (my favorite)

Fun fact that I found:

Believe it or not, you can actually burn some extra calories by chewing gum. "Besides being good for your breath--especially if you eat a lot of protein--researchers at the Mayo Clinic have found that chewing gum will burn an additional 11 calories per hour," says Dan Benardot, Ph.D., R.D.

Okay, it does not burn so much, but it burns enough to cover the 5 calories per piece of gum. Heck if you chew gum for 4 hours a day, you will burn a pound every 79 days! Can you say GOAL!!

1 comment:

  1. I love that you posted this because I just bought gum the other day for the same reason. Hopefully I can stop having 'dessert' after EVERY meal now. LOL.

    ReplyDelete