Wednesday, July 15, 2009

My Second Week

If you want to read about my first week check out the blogpost I did on my family blog last week.
Wednesday is my weigh-in day and I am psyched to say I lost 3 more pounds this week!
I finally started some exercise on Monday night. Clayton and I have been going on speed-strolls together in the evenings.
I even had two pieces of pizza on Monday night!
I am really enjoying the Paleo diet and am having a good time trying new recipes. Yesterday I had a marinated salmon salad - leafy green lettuce, some raw broccoli, cucumber, and some grapes and blueberries thrown in for sweetness. Then for dinner Jer grilled some chicken and I made a honey-mustard-curry glaze for it - sooo good! (I'll post the recipe for the glaze if anyone is interested.) We also had grilled tomato and steamed broccoli.
I'm loving reading everyone's posts on this blog. I'll be posting on Wednesdays from now on to let ya'll know how I did for the week. Keep up the good work everybody!

3 comments:

  1. Woot Woot! Way to go! It is a great feeling to see the numbers go down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK guys, my exercise today consisted of bending over in the garden for about 5 hours picking peas, and then shelling them and blanching them for the freezer. Here's a garden fresh recipe for tonight that is light on calories. In 1 T.peanut or olive oil and 1/4 t. sesame oil, saute 1 cup chopped chicken pieces until tender, remove chicken and put in 1 head of broccoli florets sliced up, and 1/4 cup slivered carrots, add 1 t. soy sauce and cover and steam until tender crisp, add 1 cup fresh peas and put chicken back in. Cover and steam for about 3 minutes. In cup mix 1 T. cornstarch and 1/4 cup water and 1 1/2 t. soy sauce. Mix well and stir into pan, cook long enough until it begins to thicken and coat veggies. Serve as is with crispy rice noodles or just over steamed rice. Enjoy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make that 1 t. cornstarch in 1/4 cuap water to thicken not 1 T.

    ReplyDelete