Saturday, July 11, 2009

My Day

One of the biggest problems I have is my work schedule. I have to be in by 4:45 (that's a.m.). Having a family to take care of means that I am usually the last in bed and that I don't get enough sleep. My body is so messed up, 3 hours sleep here- four the next night THEN when I get a day off I'm so tired that all I want to do is sleep. I find I drag myself out of bed on my day off about 09:59 to 10:30.

On days I work, I rely way too much on diet coke to keep me awake- way bad I know! I'm trying to kick the diet soda/caffeine habit right now- easier said then done, especially when my sweet husband thinks he's treating me by bringing me home a soda. It's really hard to discourage any sweet gesture from him (sometimes it's dark chocolate! Maybe he likes me pudgy around the middle!!???!!)

Anyway, my goal today is to drink water and to take the stairs instead of the elevator when possible. I say when possible because occasionally I have an armload of supplies and stairs are not the safe choice...

Baby steps...

P.S. I'm afraid to look at the scale for fear I'll stop eating all together. : )

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about the work schedule. It is so hard to fit workouts in. (I even work from home) We will need to have some workday challenges for everyone!

    ReplyDelete