Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Mourning....


Have you ever mourned for something that you have lost??? I was in mourning yesterday. Two years ago, on July 24th, I ran the 10k in the Deseret News marathon and 10k. How did I let this ability slip away in just 2 short years? How did I let myself get so busy that I forgot to take care of myself? Am I not important? I realize that I am that important. If I cannot be happy with myself, then how can I expect the people around me to be happy? I swear to you that I am going to get it back! I am going to get back more than I had! Maybe next year, I will run a half marathon and maybe even a marathon! Whoa, somebody stop me please! Yesterday, I went for a walk/run with Kendall and Buddy. (Kendall is my hubby and Buddy is my dog) Buddy was so excited at first, but we had to drag him along at the end. I surprised myself. We have this walkway that is circular, if you go around three times it is around a mile. I had a goal to run half way and the walk half way around it. Kendall, always wanting to one up me said; " I'm going to see if I can run all the way around it". What, are you crazy?? Guess what! I did it, and faster then Kendall! (twice!) It's coming back girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment