Thursday, July 16, 2009

Goals


Sorry about the no post yesterday. I was super busy. Exercise yesterday included the chicken fat fiasco and a 45 minute walk/run with Kendall. I am still needing to really work on the diet. I have decided that the best way to keep me motivated is to make a goal. I have a goal to run a 5k. I don't know why I chose running. I hate every step. I do good at these goals though. I am pretty upset at myself that I have let this running (if you can call it that, maybe a slow jog) ability slip away. Two years ago, I ran three 5k's and one 10k. What happened? Busy and lazy I guess. I have decided to fun the following 5k:


2009 Turkey Trot 5K Run. The registration fee includes a race shirt. Shirt sizes will be given on a first come, first serve basis, while supply lasts. Register early! Awards will be given for first place overall male and female finishers as well as age division winners. There will be a prize drawing at the conclusion of each race. Location: Lone Peak Park - 10140 South 700 East Sandy Utah
11/07/2009 to 11/07/2009 Sat 9:00am-10:30am
$ 15.00


Okay, who is going to join me???

Okay, challenge for today, set a long term goal.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry, Mindy, there will be no more running from this Grandma,too tough on my horrible knees, I'll just keep taking Dolly on my 5K walk every day and just cut the time down as much as I can. Dad says it is cheating to let Dolly pull me up the hills, obviously, he doesn't know I'm smart enough to let her off the leash and run by herself!!! I really like the weighing cartoon you posted today.

    ReplyDelete