Monday, September 19, 2011

Silly Weight Loss

Just for fun I thought I'd post a few of the silly things I've heard of people doing to loose weight.  If one of them is something you've done, I'm not trying to make you feel bad or discredit what you're trying to do for yourself...they just seem funny to me.

1. Drinking vinegar water...supposedly this will trap the fat in the things that you eat and will curb your appetite.

2. Just eating nuts and berries....What are you a squirrel?

3. Eat anything you want as long as you work out one hour each day. If this was working for you, why did you go up three sizes last year and aren't you TIRED?

4. HCG- I'm glad this has worked for some people. Have you kept the weight off?  I constantly hear of people that gain it right back when they are not eating the 500 calories or less a day.  Any long term success stories out there?

5. Slim Fast shakes...Man cannot live on shakes alone...forever.

6. Weight Watchers...I love the people I work with and once again I'm not trying to discredit what may be working for you.  But is it really about weight???? The scale is evil. Muscle weighs more than fat.  If you are doing the WW thing and eating for weight loss and not fat loss, anytime you stop following the plan to a T your body stores up all the carbs it can get as fat again.

7.  Water all day and only eat at night.  Can you say starvation?

8. All fruits and vegis...These are great, but how are you building lean muscle that burns fat without eating protein?

9. No effort at all..."My doctor says in spite of the fact that I weigh over 400 pounds I'm healthy"....REALLY?  Who's your doctor????  How are your knees?  Can you make it up the stairs without stopping at every landing?  Do you really think that you'll be around in 15 years at the rate of your weight gain.  Plain ol' SCARY! P.S. Put down the whole pizza and the 2 lt bottle of pop for lunch...no one else likes to watch you do that to yourself.

10. Taking a laxative after every meal.  Somehow this doesn't seem right to me at all.

11. Putting a special "salt" seasoning on each meal cancels out any calories.  WOW...hope that stuff wasn't too expensive!

What silly weight loss plans have you heard?  Any silly stories to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment