Friday, September 9, 2011

Incredible Shrinking Waistline

Hi Everyone!

I recently re-connected with an old friend of mine- matter of fact he was my first real friend ever!  We had a great time talking about the fun things we did as kids. Including acting out record stories- pushing Mindy (the old witch from the gingerbread house) under the desk (in the oven).  Good times.  Anyhow, he was a personal trainer for 20+ years before retiring last year.  He has written a book about weight loss that will be out at the end of the year. It's all about nutrition and food cycling kids! 

So I had to ask more about this "plan" of his. Let me say it was quite impressive and it made tons of sense. It includes a liquid supplement that replaces the old icky tablet vitamins.  It is way yummy too! 

I am doing this for me.  I can't stand all this flab around my middle.  As women we are very blessed to be able to bear children...it's a really cool thing!  But what is not so cool is that it wreaks havoc on our bodies.  I had an easy time losing the weight after the first three...but the twins??? That didn't /hasn't come off so easy.  I'm uncertain if it's because I was down the entire pregnancy, or if they just stretched my body so much it filled in with fat before I could shrink up the skin, or if it's just that I've been 28 now for a number of years.  It feels as if my metabolism has come to a schreeching halt.  It's time to wake it up!

My sweet husband is very supportive. He started by saying I didn't need to loose weight. (Awh! He does love me!) I told him my goal and he agreed that I could have new clothes for Disnyland in 21 days if I stuck to it.  Who doesn't love new clothes?

So I started the food cycle program yesterday...thoughts so far:

1- Wow! I'm not hungry at all!
2- When you weigh out your food, it certainly is surprising how much a serving really is.
3- I have tons more energy than I have had in YEARS!  Just doing the few things that he suggested before starting the program made a world of difference.  I can run up all four flights of stairs at work without stopping and my legs are not on FIRE!
4- I hope Ryan and Katelyn got the message when I growled at them for playing with my food scale...if they break it they are in so much trouble!

Day 1 and 2- Detox!

So I'm the lucky one who gets to begin the program at the top of my weight range- I'm retaining water something terrible! Not sure if this is good or bad. 

Weight at the beginning of detox: 149.7

This may not be a lot to others, but it doesn't look good when all 20 pounds that I really want to loose are around my core. I have a whole closet of jeans that I really love and would love even more if I could wear them again.  I did take measurements, but I don't want to post them until I measure again next week.

Goal: 130- 132

Day 1
Water- 88 ounces
Protein- 116 g
Sleep- 8.5 hours

Day 2- I'm well into day two detox- Still feeling great! 

Breakfast-
Protein 26 g
Water 20 oz

Snack-
Protein 15 g
Water- 12 oz

Lunch-
Protein 26 g
Water 12 oz

Snack-
Protein- 8.8 g
Water- 16 oz

Dinner-
Protein- 38 g
Water- 20 oz

Exercise= 40 minutes
Total water= 140 oz
Total protein= 113.8 g
Kari

No comments:

Post a Comment