Monday, December 3, 2012

Dear Me......

Thanks for the reality check.  You are right.  I am going to fix what is wrong with us.  It is up to me.  You can help me though, by keeping me motivate and pushing me to go just a little more and a little harder.  Right after my reality check, I went down to the gym while the little's were at nap time.  You realized that I have just about everything in there.  I have a treadmill, a stationary bike, a stair stepper, and elliptical, an abCoaster, a weight machine and a bunch of free weights and stretch bands.  I also have my P90x series somewhere.  I can do this. I really have no excuse.  I busted out a 30 minutes on the elliptical and my knee doesn't even hurt! (knock on wood) Are you proud of me?  I am setting some goals.  Here goes:

Lose 36 lbs in 6 months.  By June 1st (Dyllon's birthday)  I want to have the weight at a more healthy 130 lbs.  I also want to see if I can get off all my medications by this time.  I guess that we will have to see what the Dr says about that.

How is I going to accomplish this?  I am going to work out at least 5 times a week.  I do need to go longer than 30 minutes so I will see if Kendall would like to do some yoga tonight.

Eating.......this will be harder.  I need to get that cholesterol taken care of.  To do this I need to cut out all meats with the exception of chicken breast, turkey breast and fish.  I am going to eat mostly vegetarian which means a lot of plant based foods.  I am not going vegetarian just trying to eat better and lower the bad cholesterol.  Dairy, very little for me, but I am not such a big fan of dairy anyway. Also, I am going to cut out most sugars.  I say most because I am going to allow myself one treat a week.  When I say I can't have anything....this makes me crave it more.  I am also going to see if I can find a low cholesterol cookbook that can help me find things that are yummy to eat.

Lastly, I am going to try and get at least 12 glasses of water a day.

ME and Self, we can do this!


No comments:

Post a Comment